Science Only Camps
Option S 2: Time and Space Adventures (Ages 6-8)
- New format!
- Does your child want to become an astronaut? Do they REALLY like Rockets?
- Would they like to travel to the time of the dinosaurs? Learn what's deep in a cave? Well, this is the camp they have been waiting for!
- We take the children on an adventure of a lifetime as we imagine ourselves in prehistoric times where we:
- Learn about dinosaurs
- Make fossils and pan for gold!
- We will study the dynamic earth as we:
- Build and blast off volcanoes
- Create a Cave in a Box as we learn about Spelunking
- Learn about the animals, microbes and geology of cave systems
- Study Rocks and Crystals and grow our own!
- Learn about earthquakes and so much more
- If that's not enough, we will blast off into space as we:
- Make and blast off Balloon Rockets, Bottle Rockets, Chemical Rockets, Straw Rockets, and Estes Rockets.
- Learn about Newton's Law as we make a Newtons Car and a Balloon Car and learn the principles of rocket flight
- Go through astronaut boot camp!
- Don't miss this exciting adventure! This camp fills up very fast!
Option S 4-Spies and Sleuths (Ages 6-8)
- This is a great “Who dun it?” adventure! Please see Parent Letter Here!
- Dr. Lipid is back and boy is he mad! Our arch enemy is up to no good and we have to stop him!
- We are the O.X.Y.S. (Only Excellent Youth Scientist ) and we must match our wits against Dr. Lipid, Head of the Organization of M.O.R.O.N.S. (Magical Ogres Reshaping Our Natural Systems). The children will learn many exciting science principles as they learn to solve a crime scene and track Dr. Lipid!
- In order to succeed at solving this crime we must unravel clues and secret messages-both invisible and criptic. Each clue will make us learn a new skill to be better investigative scientist.
These skills include:
- Becoming fingerprint, foot print and lip print detectives!
- Learning Spy Games
- Making Alarms to protect our headquarters-the children will learn about circuits.
- Make and take home a periscope to spy around corners with!
- Using microscopes we will learn to analyze hair, fibers and powders
- Useing flame test and LOTS of chemistry to analyze powders.
- The children will have a grand finale crime scene to practice the skills they have learned.
Science and Technology Camp
This camp combines science with LEGO®
Education's Motorized Machines!
Option STR 7: TechnoBot: The Worm Hole Adventure(Ages 6-7)
Click here to see the Parent Letter. This will be an incredible combination of science and Technology where we will use the LEGO Education WeDo Robots, Early Simple Machines and Motorized Machines along with experiments that boggle your mind and have the children saying “NO WAY!” We are the O.X.Y.S. (Only Excellent Youth Scientist ) and we must match our wits against Dr. Lipid, Head of the Organization of M.O.R.O.N.S. (Magical Ogres Reshaping Our Natural Systems) AGAIN! We have found the lab of Dr. Lipid, our arch enemy. We discovered that he plans to build a submarine that can go though a worm hole in space! We must discover why and fast! Where is he taking it?
- To help our O.X.Y.S. solve this mystery and understand the strange combinations of diagrams on the wall of Dr. Lipids lab we must:
- Learn how to build a Hydrometer and Submarine!
- Learn Physiology as we investigate bones, muscles and blood. Use microscopes
- Understand Physics and Structures and build, build, build!
- In addition to all of this the students will use LEGO® Technology with the following:
- Students will get their first introduction to robotics with the newly introduced LEGO® Education WeDo™ Robotics Software and Construction Set. Students will learn how to program and create a working model, use software media to acquire information, and use feedback to adjust a programming system output. The students will explore a series of cross-curricular, theme-based activities while developing their skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, as well as language and literacy.
- Early Simple Machines and Motorized Machines, the students will focus on one of the following programs: Gears, Levers, Pulleys or Wheels and Axles. Working in teams of two, your child will learn the scientific principles above while getting comfortable with building using the LEGO TECHNIC® pieces. This program will improve your child’s problem solving skills while encouraging team work.
- There is so much more we cannot begin to cover it here,the only question is will you send your child or yourself to this Incredible Camp!
Art, Science and Technology Combinations
Option AST 16 Make It ,Bake It and Create It: Art and Science Combination (Ages 6-8)
We will learn about the art and science of cooking as we mix, measure, make and bake. For lots more detail, read the Parent Letter!
Your child will be excited to get to eat the food they make each day!
- Science: The fun doesn't stop there! They will get to learn the Science behind their cooking as they look at the yeast under a microscope, learn why fruits turn brown, and explore the fizzling properties of baking soda and vinegar! We will make yeast rolls, Ice Cream, Sun Tea, our own vinegar, cookies, and more.
- Arts and Crafts:
- The creative craft activities will include making objects that can be worn or displayed out of many different materials. Activities include clay sculptures of fruit in a bowl, stained glass pictures, candle holders and lots more.
- Art will also involve vegetable print making, pictures from beans and seeds, drawing fruits and vegetables, and making a wacky fruit and vegetable sculptures and more.
- Note: Please see option AST 15 for the 4 and 5 year old version of this camp.
Option AST 17 What’s It All About?: Art, Science and Technology (Ages 5-7)
- For more details, click here to see our Parent Letter
- We will study the wonders of water and what happens when it freezes. gets mixed with other liquids and solids, and find out why some things float or sink and more!
- We will make our own boats, bubbles, glue, and other messy concoctions
- We will have a blast with surface tension and the apparent "cool magic" of it.
- We will study the animals that live in the water and some of their funny adaptations.
- Art The art will include water color pictures, under water pop art pictures, bubble pictures, fish art, and marbling techniques.
- Technology What? You want more? Well, how about building the coolest machines to help us along they way? Students will continue to learn about water while building the animals that live in it. Utilizing LEGO Technics your child will build frogs that hop and make sounds, Manta Rays that wing through the water using cams and axles and sea horses and Angel fish using gears and much more!
Option AST 18 Imagination Station: Art, Science and Creative Dramatics all in on place! (Ages 5-7)
- Please review details in our Parent Letter
- Your child will love the creativity of this camp! They will be active participants in creative story telling where they will get to mime parts of the story.
- The children will create puppets of people and animals and create an environment background for their stage where they will put on a puppet show for parents.
- The science will be a fun combination of activities that relate to the stories and puppet shows. It will include weather, habitats, bugs, owls, predator and prey and lots more!
- They will not be able to stop talking about all the fun they are having! We call it learning, they call it FUN!