Note: Children must be potty trained by start of camp!
Science Only Camp
Option S 1: Rocket Ships and Dinosaurs (Ages 4-5)
For more details please click on our Parent Letter. This is an exciting camp with all of the hands-on and adventure you and your child can ask for. As you can imagine, this is one of our most popular camps.
- Our young astronauts will have a blast as they:
- Go through Astronaut Boot Camp
- Create Glow in the Dark Galaxies
- Use balloon rockets, Stomp Rockets and Water rockets and Straw Rockets.
- They will also experience teacher launched rockets.
- They will have fun as they learn about planets and galaxies.
- Our excited time travelers get to Travel back in time to the land of the Dinosaurs in our "Imagine That!" Time machine!
While there they will:
This camp fills up VERY fast! So sign up soon so YOUR child can have this adventure of a lifetime!
- Make Fossils
- Create and blast off a volcano that they can take home!
- Pan for Gold
- Study dinosaurs
- Create beautiful crystals
Science and Technology Camp
This camp combines science with LEGO®
Education's Tech Machines!
Option STR 6: Technically Icky (Ages 3-5)
Parent Letter for Technically Icky
What a great Combination! We will combine the fun of icky squishy science with the LEGO® Education's Tech Machines and Early Simple Machines! Does your child like to mix, make, laugh and learn? Then this is the camp for you! Dr. Lipid is back and boy is he mad! Our arch enemy is up to no good and we have to stop him! Investigative fun is yours as the O.X.Y.S. (Only Excellent Youth Scientist ) match their wits against Dr. Lipid, Head of the Organization of M.O.R.O.N.S. (Magical Ogres Reshaping Our Natural Systems). The children will learn many exciting science principles as they work their way through the snares Dr. Lipid left behind!
- We will make slime, GAC and Magic Mud!
- We will learn some "interesting" facts about our bodies, bugs and animals!
- We will shrink eggs, make gas, and other things that fizzle and pop!
- What more could you want? Well, how about building the coolest machines to help us along they way?
- Your child will continue with icky squishy exploration using LEGO technology by building worms, snakes and fish. They will also build working machines with moving parts using small hand friendly tools that enhance dexterity such as screwdrivers and integrated screws in order to create boats and planes! All the while they will also be learning about Pulleys and Propellers working with reels, hooks, and scoops and learning how to cooperate with a teammate! Fun, to be had by everyone!
- For parents of girls from the owner of Imagine That!. I am a girl (ok, all grown up now) but as a child I was no priss. I loved anything to do with science, exploration AND art. I studied Engineering at a school where women are still a minority in many technical fields. We want to encourage girls to have fun with science and technology starting now and leading up to a time where they can be leading scientist in the world. We make this fun and funny and girls LOVE IT. I would like to be part of a society where we continue to encourage our daughters to LOVE science. Women make great scientist and can change the world!
Art and Science Camp
OPTION AST 15 Make It and Bake It Art and Science Combination (Ages 4-5)
We will learn about the science of cooking as we mix, measure, make and bake. Great experience for little hands! For lots more detail, read the Parent Letter!
Your child will be excited to get to eat the food they make each day!
- The fun doesn't stop there! They will get to learn the Science behind their cooking as they look at the yeast under a microscope, learn why fruits turn brown, and explore the fizzling properties of baking soda and vinegar!
- We will make yeast rolls, Ice Cream, Sun Tea, our own vinegar, cookies and more.
- The creative craft activities will include making objects that can be worn or displayed out of many different materials. Activities include clay fruit sculptures, color wheel cookies, painting a pot and planting seeds.
- We will also do vegetable print making,make pictures from beans and seeds, draw fruits and vegetables, and make a wacky vegetable and fruit sculptures and more.
Our Science, Art, Technology preschool summer camps are in many locations throughout Atlanta, GA. Come join us for the best Georgia summer camps in Dunwoody, Buckhead, Alpharetta, Acworth, Duluth, Kennesaw, Roswell, Sandy Springs,Smyrna, Marietta, Johns Creek, Decatur, North Cobb, Peachtree Corners, Dacula, Tucker, College Park, Milton and many more locations. Our day camps range from 3 to 8 hours with optional early and late care. We offer camps for Preschool, Elementary School and Middle School Students.