Come join us for a fun and educational Winter Break camp! Space is very limited so join today!
Dates: We will have two different sessions for our 2016/2017 camps.
- Session 1 dates: December 28-30
- Session 2 dates: January 2-4
Times: 8:30-2:30 with optional 3 hour extended care or Minecraft Play
Location: Imagine That! Enrichment Center in Peachtree Corners. 6365 Spalding Drive Suite E, Peachtree Corners, 30092.
Extended care and Minecraft Play
- Session 1 will have extended care from 2:30-5:30. Fee: $60
- Session 2 will have Minecraft Play from 2:30-5:30. This is available to students enrolled in session 2 camps, and as a separate camp to children not enrolled in our day camps during session 2. Fee: $90
Overview of Camp Subjects. Please click on name to go to full description.
Descriptions of Subjects Session 1:
Adventures in Archeology: Ages 5-7
- Fee: $210 Before December 9th/ $230 Regular registration
- This is a Science, Art and Technology combination focusing on Archeology.
- Science and Art: Learn about ancient cultures using archaeological techniques like excavation and artifact identification and interpretation!
- Use experimental archaeology to learn how ancient people made art, pottery and how they may have used the artefacts we find!
- Technology: Using LEGO We Do builds, we will explore gear functions, simple machines, programming and the imaginary world of Dr. Lipid and the O.X.Y.S.!
Electrified and Robofied: Ages 8-10
- Fee: $230 Before December 9th/ $250 Regular registration
- This is a Science and Technology combination camp
- In Electrical Science we will:
- Learn about electrical circuits, bread boards and circuit boards
- See the inside working of a motor and learn the relationship between Electricity and Magnetism
- Make, modify and take home an electric car that responds to it's environment.
- Interact with many different robots and understand what "makes something a Robot".
- Technology will incorporate two programs:
- LEGO® Education Pneumatics: The students will build many machines that are operated by a Pneumatic system. Explore power systems and components, sequence and control, pressure, prototyping, kinetic and potential energy and much more!
- LEGO® Powered Science & Technology Program: Here the students will build a different motorized and non motorized models each day. These will be models that MOVE and can be modified by the student teams to perform a task in the most optimal method. This will introduce gears and pulleys, structural design, forces and motion, energy and more. This will help the students understand how robots move.
Late Care: Session 1 will have extended care from 2:30-5:30. Fee: $60
Description of Subjects Session 2:
Minecraft and Architectural Design: Ages 8-12
- Fee: $270 Before December 9th/ $290 regular registration
This camp will allow your student's creativity and knowledge of technology to come together in a bold new way. Using Lego® Architecture Studio and specially designed graph paper, students will draw, design, and build their own creations step by step, just like the Master Builders at Lego!
Students will learn about architectural engineering as they draw, design, and build their own buildings with LEGOS, then they will expand on those ideas and build their design on a much grander scale in Minecraft! Students will use resources to help them build perfect domes and spheres in Minecraft. This is the perfect camp for your creative minded, Lego and Minecraft loving student!
Robotics Club: Minecraft Programming and EV3 MINDSTORMS. Ages 11-14
- Fee: $290 Before December 9th/ $310 regular registration
- LEGO® MINDSTORMS® EV3
The Maze Challenge: Through our Maze Challenge we will explore programmed action and compare it to reaction with our robots!!
Students will build a Maze to specifications. The shape of the maze will be of the students’ design. Their goal will be to navigate the maze using all the tools provided with the Lego® MINDSTORMS® EV3s, initially using only the move blocks. How long will it take to blaze a trail through the maze? Once the students understand move sequencing, all sensors will be employed to explore the maze. What is the difference between using the move blocks or using an ultrasonic sensor to avoid hitting a wall? Would it be easier to use the touch sensor to initiate a turn in the maze instead of a preset distance that has been programmed? This camp will be the Challenging “Mazerific” good time your child is looking for.
- Learn Programming With Minecraft and ComputerCraft!
In this camp, students will learn programming skills using ComputerCraft in which you can add little robots and computers to the world of Minecraft. These can be programmed using the LUA scripting language. Students will learn about variables, functions, conditional statements, loops, and more, as well as improving their typing skills in a fun, familiar environment where the results of their work are immediately visible and very rewarding.
Minecraft Play (Ages 7-14)
- Fee: $90
- This is available as an add on camp for students enrolled in our 8:30-2:30 camps in Session 2 or as an independent camp. Time: 2:30-5:30
- This will be an opportunity for students to interact in a group Minecraft environment. While students will explore and learn new skills and techniques, this is not the same our structured camps. This will predominantly be a free play experience that students LOVE!
Refund policy for Winter Camps:There is a non-refundable fee of $65. The remainder of
the fee is refundable up to 2 weeks prior to the camp start date. After that
time, there are no refunds available.