This year we will offer two amazing Spring Break Camps!
- Minecraft and Architectural Design
- TechnoScience Fun
Dates: April 1st-5th
Location: Imagine That Enrichment Center: 6365 Spalding Drive, Suite E, Peachtree Corners, Georgia 30092
- Camp: 9 am-3 pm
- Extended care:
- Early care: 7:30-9:00 ($35)
- After Care: 3:00-5:30 ($50)
Minecraft and Architectural Design Ages 8-12
- Fee: $265 Early Registration (By 3/4/2019), $285 Regular Registration.
- This camp will allow your student’s creativity and knowledge of technology to come together in a bold new way. Using Lego® Architecture Studio and specially designed graph paper, students will draw, design, and build their own creations step by step, just like the Master Builders at Lego!
- Students will learn about architectural engineering as they draw, design, and build their own buildings with LEGOS, then they will expand on those ideas and build their design on a much grander scale in Minecraft!
- Students will use resources to help them build perfect domes and spheres in Minecraft. This is the perfect camp for your creative minded, Lego and Minecraft loving student!
- Please view our Parent Letter for more information. Please read additional required information HERE.
Techno-Science Fun! (TSF) Ages 5-7
- Fee: $245 Early Registration (By 3/4/2019), $265 Regular Registration.
What a great combination! We will combine the fun of Mystery Science with LEGO® Education’s WeDo Robots, Simple Machines and Programming with Scratch! Please view our parent letter here!
Science: Our Mystery Science will be experiments with lots of WOW factors built in. But don’t worry, they will still be learning the principles behind the amazing things they see and do.
- Children will build it, break it, shape it and make it in this exciting hands-on engineering exploration as they make vortex cannons to blast towers from across the room, potato launchers (need I say more), submarines that glow and lots more. Learning about Newton could not be more fun!
- If you think this sounds like fun, we will add in palm pipes, singing tubes, thunder tubes, and cups that talk! We will not only learn how sound is generated, we will also learn how we hear sound!
- We will electrify their imaginations as we create our own magnets, build batteries in ice cube trays, circuits, electromagnets and more. Wait until you hear about our buzzing and lighting human circuit machine!
- The children will glow with excitement as we study fluorescence and bioluminescence. Watch fluorescent eggs grow 100 times their normal size!
- Their eyes will go wide as they see our amazing dry ice experiments and our hydrophobic sand that will not get wet in water!
Technology and Robotics: In addition to all of this, the students will use LEGO® Technology and Robotics and Scratch programming with the following:
- Students will get excited about robotics and programming with LEGO® Education WeDo™ Robotics. Students will learn how to build and program a working robotic model such as the “Magic Carpet” using pulleys and cams.
- Building the “Magic Wand” your child will learn to program the Tilt Sensor and the “Ninja Star” will use gears for super speed as the stars spin away!
- Children will get excited about building as they explore simple and motorized machines. Your student will learn cooperation as they work in teams of two learning the scientific concepts of Levers as they build a hungry Alligator and a weight sensitive Balance!
This program will improve your child’s problem solving skills while encouraging teamwork, but they will just think they are having FUN!
You will be amazed at what the children create as they expand their programming skills with MIT created Scratch programming to create their own video!