Spies and CSIs! Join us this spring for amazing problem solving Science Mysteries! This is the class for those who love to ask “WHY?” and really want to know the answer. Our programs are for grades K-2nd and 3rd-6th.
Grades K-2 Spies and Sleuths
This is a great “Who dun it?” adventure! Please see Parent Letter Here!
Dr. Lipid is back and boy is he mad! Our arch enemy is up to no good and we have to stop him!
We are the O.X.Y.S. (Only Excellent Youth Scientists) and we must match our wits against Dr. Lipid, Head of the Organization of M.O.R.O.N.S. (Magical Ogres Reshaping Our Natural Systems). The children will learn many exciting science principles as they learn to solve a crime scene and track Dr. Lipid!
In order to succeed at finding our spy we must unravel clues and secret messages. Each clue will help us learn a new skill to be better spy scientists. These skills include:
- Becoming detectives by examining finger, foot, and lip prints!
- Learning Spy Games.
- Making Alarms to protect our headquarters-the children will learn about circuits.
- Having fun with a periscope to spy around corners!
- Using microscopes we will learn to analyze hair, fibers and powders.
- Analyze flame test and use LOTS of chemistry to analyze powders and chemicals.
- The children will have a grand finale crime scene to practice the skills they have learned.
Grades 3-6 Crime Scene Investigation
To learn more about this curricula please view our Parent Letter.
Are you ready to understand the serious science that takes place behind the yellow crime scene tape? Well, this is your chance! In order to succeed at solving the crimes presented we must unravel clues and secret messages-both invisible and cryptic. Each clue will make us learn a new skill to be better investigative scientists. These skills include:
- Learning to dust for and analyze fingerprints
- Collecting and comparing, foot prints and lip prints
- Handwriting analysis
- Using microscopes to analyze hair, fibers and powders
- Using flame test and LOTS of chemistry to analyze powders.
- Cell and DNA analysis using microscopes, models and DNA extraction
- Plant analysis
- Comparing Bite Marks and skeletal clues
- Blood and Hair Analysis
This is one cool class!