Join us this spring for our amazing Sew Exciting for Fashionistas fashion design and sewing class!
New this spring: Ultimate Upcycling! Channel your child’s creativity while learning how to reduce, reuse and recycle! Ultimate Upcycling features ALL NEW sewing projects and will focus on developing practical sewing skills by using every-day items that may have wound up as trash and turning them into something brand-new, beautiful and useful!
There are many elements to Sewing and Fashion Design. Students will work on understanding:
- Hand sewing skills
- Creative planning and design
- Fabric manipulation and tool use.
Students will learn these basic skills by:
- Learning 4 stitches and when to use them
- Learn how to attach buttons, embellishments, and more!
- Creating a felted bookmark, a “piggy bank” coin purse, and a travel Tic-Tac-Toe game board by turning items that my have gone the way of trash by turning them into treasures such as paperclips, scraps of ribbon and extra buttons
- Exploring creative designs by drafting our own patterns for items such as wearable headbands made from re-purposed clothing material!
- Making and Stamped Pillow Case shoulder bag!