We will be offering all NEW projects this Fall with Imagine That’s new Sew Exciting for Fashionistas fashion design and sewing class! Every fashion designer needs their breakthrough and Imagine That’s Sew Exciting class will tap into your child’s creativity, individuality and talent as a fashion designer! Students will learn how to find their own artistic style as they learn the basics of sewing, pattern making, working with fabrics and textiles, as well as fashion illustration and design. Each day will be an exciting creative journey as students design unique works of art they get to wear and show off to their fellow fashion enthusiasts!
There are many elements to Sewing and Fashion Design. Students will work on understanding:
- Basic sewing skills
- Creative planning and design
- Fabric manipulation
Students will learn these basic skills by:
- Learning about various essential hand stitches and when to use them.
- Participating in exciting mock dress designing challenges where they will create outfits based on their clients’ wishes.
- Transferring their creative perspective onto paper as well as miniature dress forms to visualize and plan their very own fashion line.
- Creating functional, wearable garments and accessories. Project Runway here we come!
Please see our Parent Letter for pictures and more information.