We will be offering all NEW projects this Fall with Imagine That’s new Sew Exciting for Fashionistas fashion design and sewing class! Every fashion designer needs their breakthrough and Imagine That’s Sew Exciting class will tap into your child’s creativity, individuality and talent as a fashionista! Students will learn how to find their own artistic style as they learn the basics of sewing and working with fabrics and textiles. Each day will be an exciting creative journey as students design unique works of art they get to wear and show off to their fellow fashion enthusiasts!
There are many elements to Sewing and Fashion Design. Students will work on understanding:
- Hand sewing skills
- Creative planning and design
- Machine sewing techniques
- General crafting skills
Students will learn these basic skills by:
- Learning 5 stitches and when to use them
- Participating in an in-depth sewing machine demonstration
- Creating a felted fox purse, a headband with a ribbon rosette, a necklace with beads made of recycled paper, and even a DIY fidget spinner made of upcycled materials!
- Understanding pattern drafting and use by learning how to take accurate measurements.