Sew Exciting! Sewing and Artistic Expression
We will be offering all NEW projects this Spring with Imagine That’s new Sew Exciting: Sewing and Artistic Expression class! Every fashion designer needs their breakthrough and Imagine That’s Sew Exciting class will tap into your child’s creativity, individuality, and talents! Students will learn how to find their own artistic style as they learn the basics of sewing and working with fabrics and textiles. Each day will be an exciting creative journey as students design unique works of art they get to show off, wear, and enjoy for years to come!
There are many elements to Sewing and Fashion Design. Students will learn:
- Hand sewing skills
- Creative planning and design
- Machine sewing techniques
- General crafting skills
Students will learn these basic skills by:
- Learning 5 stitches and when to use them
- Participating in an in-depth sewing machine demonstration
- Understanding pattern drafting and use by learning how to take accurate measurements.
- Creating a Kigurumi (animal onesie), animal inspired pillow, decorative sock donuts, making a flower scene using silk ribbon embroidery, and much more!
This semester we will also do some great projects to give their fingers a break and let them express their artistic talents! We will make beautiful dream catchers, intricate paper boxes to hold their sewing supplies, weave a pencil holder, and more!