This STEM class is an exciting combination of Hands-On Science, Technology, Robotics and Programming.
We offer Machines, Mummies and More for Grades K-2 and Ultimate Survival and Technology for Grades 3rd-5th. This is how we are meant to learn!
Grades K-2 Machines, Mummies and More!
Science: Come with us on an adventure through time as we dig up the past in Treasure Digging and Mummy Mania!
In our Science explorations, we will:
- Come with us on an adventure through time as we dig up the past learning about archeology, mummies and more!
- Use experimental archaeology to create our own mummies, pottery and even mint our own coins and perform an excavation! Uncover a midden and decipher its meaning!
- Learn structures and engineering as we learn how those huge stones were moved as we make our own pyramids and catapults.
Technology: Robo-Rangers: An Adventure Into Programming, Robotics & Simple Machines
This Fall at Imagine That! our students will have a blazing good time as they discover and explore new ideas and concepts using motorized Lego® WeDo Construction sets! Your child will build jungle animals using drag and drop programming to create movement and the sounds of the jungle.
With Lego Technic bricks our students will learn about pulleys building a clown face that changes expressions and a crane for lifting. Advancing to more in-depth building students will build and race several styles of cars like the Hurdle Car, a Pinwheel Car and Sail Cars while discovering the fun of Wheels and Axles.
While building with bricks is fun, kids don’t know that they are learning math too! With Lego’s new More to Math Builder program, students will build activities to solve math problems! Sit back and watch Imagine That! kids STEAM ahead!
Using tablets, students will gain further knowledge of coding and programming with learning games like Box Island and the Foo’s!
Grades 3-6 Ultimate Survival and Technology
Science: Wait until your child experiences the amazing Science of Survival Class!
In our Science of Survival (SOS!) Class we will make our own flashlights, learn how to read a compass, and set a course. Students will learn about and view bacteria and water born pathogens and how to avoid their side effects in water. Next we will learn to tie knots and use them to create a basic shelter to protect us from heat and cold! How about learning 20 cool survival uses of duct tape, then making a few of our own? Wait until you see the take home SOS kit kids create as they learn about how to use each part. Kit will include a whistle and the Paracord holder, a compass, signal mirror and more!
Technology: Your child’s adventure into Robotics and Technology
- Imagine That! kids will get a kick out of this fall session! With Lego ® Simple and Powered Mechanisms our students will become scientists and engineers while understanding mechanical and structural principles in machines used in everyday life. Using technic bricks our students will build Freewheelers and Flywheelers, learning about Wheels and Axles.Students learn programming and coding through Scratch.Structural Engineering will be explored using Lego ®Architecture Studio. Lessons on Form, Light, Scale, Balance and more and how it all relates to creating and building solid, supported structures.
Robots will be built and programmed with Lego ® MINDSTORMS® NXT’s! We learn to program the basics with Time, Degrees and Rotations and move on to sensors. Programming abilities will be tested in the Maze Challenge. Students will build their own maze and program their robots to navigate it.
The following will be incorporated into the class.
- LEGO MINDSTORMS® NXT Robots. EV3’s will be added if time permits.
- Programming with Scratch and Alice 2.2
- Motorized and advanced Simple Machine
- LEGO Architecture Studio