Exciting new camp for girls only!.
Get together with your best friends and have a great week of fun, creativity and learning. They will be excited to show you what they created each day. You will be amazed!
Please view our Parent Letter for more information!
Art and Design: This camp will be a fun and exciting introduction to Sewing, Art and Design. It takes skill and imagination to create your own fashion, design and Art. We will incorporate up-cycling into our designs!
- We will create our own para-cord bracelet
- Sew and fill our own survival kit.
- Learn 4 stitches and when to use them
- Learn how to attach buttons, embellishments, and more
- Create a felted bookmark, a “piggy bank” coin purse
- Make a travel Tic-Tac-Toe game board by turning items that my have gone the way of trash by turning them into treasures such as paperclips, scraps of ribbon and extra buttons
- Explore creative designs by drafting our own patterns for items such as wearable headbands made from re-purposed clothing material!
- Make a shoulder bag!
Science: In our Science of Survival (SOS!) portion of the camp we have many great adventures!
- We will make our own flashlights
- Learn how to read a compass and set a course
- Students will learn about and view bacteria and water born pathogens and how to avoid their side effects in water.
- We will learn to tie knots and use them to create a basic shelter to protect us from heat and cold!
- How about learning 20 cool survival uses of duct tape, then making a few of our own?
- Wait until you see the take home SOS kit kids create as they learn about how to use each part. Kit will include a whistle and the Para-cord holder, a compass, signal mirror and more!
- We will also create a solar oven and make our own so'mores.