Additional Robotics camp
Option STR 11: Energy Bots Renewable City (Ages 11-14)
- Your student will Learn about Renewable Energy Resources through Science and Robotics. They will learn to program the LEGO® NXT MINDSTORMS ™ Robot. They will also build and take home a tin can robot. Explorations include:
- Using a large model Wind Turbine the students will measure how mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy. This energy will power a motor and light LEDs. Once they have learned about wind energy, they will program their MINDSTORMS Robot to solve real world engineering challenges at a wind turbine power facility.
- Next the students will investigate another renewable energy source: A hydroelectric dam. The students once again will investigate the science behind the water powered generator and test how this system works. They will then apply their programming and problem solving skills to their robot to train it to solve a problem in at a hydroelectric plant.
- If that's not enough the students will then test a solar powered model car and energy house. Their robot must be programmed to place a solar panel on a house and then return it to the generator.
- Building a TAKE HOME Robot: Each student will build their own motorized Tin Can Robot that walks. The students will also program their MINDSTROMS robot to sort the recyclables out of the trash. They will then use their recycle can to build and TAKE HOME your own motorized Tin Can Robot that walks
- YouTube Video: Building Bots Robot Camp at Sweet Apple Elementary
- Note: MINDSTORMS ROBOTS will not be taken home. The Tin Can Robot will be the take home robot.
Our Robotics and Technology summer camps are in many locations throughout Atlanta, GA. Come join us for the best Georgia summer camps in Dunwoody, Buckhead, Alpharetta, Acworth, Duluth, Kennesaw, Roswell, Sandy Springs,Smyrna, Marietta, Johns Creek, Decatur, North Cobb, Peachtree Corners, Dacula, Tucker, College Park, Milton and many more locations. Our day camps range from 3 to 8 hours with optional early and late care.